Welcome to our website which we hope will provide you with information on the services available at our Mendlesham and Bacton surgeries. Use the tabs above and at the bottom of the page to find out the information you need such as, when we are open, how to reach medical services, when we are closed, the area we cover and learn more about the team at the practice.
Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic we are going to open normal working hours across the Easter Weekend. Please contact us via the normal practice phone number and also via
We would like to update all our patients regarding the recent developments of Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
We are continuously reviewing how we can deliver our services and taking into consideration the importance of social distancing and delaying the spread of the virus.
To support this we have had to take some important steps and changes:
- BACTON SURGERY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (including dispensary) DUE TO UNPRECEDENTED CIRCUMSTANCES. PLEASE NOTE ANY PRESCRIPTIONS POSTED AT BACTON TAKE 6 WORKING DAYS TO PROCESS.
- ALL PRESCRIPTIONS TO BE COLLECTED FROM MENDLESHAM SURGERY BUT PLEASE WAIT FOR THE TEXT MESSAGE TELLING YOU YOUR PRESCRIPTION IS READY BEFORE CALLING OR VISITING THE SURGERY.
- PLEASE NOTE : DUE TO THE INCREASED WORKLOAD REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS ARE CURRENTLY TAKING 5 WORKING DAYS TO PROCESS.
- All our face-to-face appointments will be scheduled at Mendlesham Surgery where we have adequate facilities and staff support.
- We have altered our online appointment booking system to ‘Telephone Consultations’ only.
- If you feel you need to be seen please call Mendlesham Surgery on 01449 767722. Your call will dealt with by a care navigator and then triaged by a healthcare professional.
- All patients who have already booked an appointment in advance will be telephoned by a healthcare professional prior to them attending.
- We have turned off our self check-in screen to avoid the risk of spread.
- Until further notice, all prescriptions will continue to be issued for one month.
- We may have to consider postponing some routine appointments.
Please regularly check our website for updated information and the links below:
General Information on Coronavirus https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
For patients concerned that they may have coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created coronavirus pages that tell patients what they should do based on their particular circumstances. These can be accessed at: https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19
Extended Hours - SUSPENDED
The GP Extended Hours service is designed to provide patients with appointments outside core general practice hours for routine care and is available:
Tuesday 7.00-8.00 am and Thursday 7.30-8.00 am offering a selection of blood test, GP and Nurse Practitioner appointments
To book an appointment please call reception.
GP Online Services
You can register to book your appointments, request medication and access your medical records online. For more information see our Online Services page.
ALL PATIENTS USING ONLINE SERVICES PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM THE 10TH JULY YOU WILL NEED TO RE-REGISTER TO USE OUR NEW ONLINE PROVIDER. BRING YOUR PHOTO ID INTO RECEPTION WHERE THEY CAN ISSUE WITH A NEW USERNAME AND PASSWORD. ALTERNATIVELY, IF YOU ARE 18+ AND HAVE PHOTO ID, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SIGN UP TO USE THE NHS APP WITHOUT ATTENDING THE SURGERY.
Please note if you need someone else to collect medication on your behalf, you will need to sign and return the below form before your medication can be collected by the third party.
GDPR representative consent letter
Over the year we will be hosting medical students at Mendlesham. They will often sit in with the GPs and sometimes will see patients themselves, under close supervision of one of the Doctors and with the consent of the patient. We would like to thank you all for making the students feel so welcome during their time here.
You are able to leave feedback by using the link below:
Friends of Mendlesham Health Centre - Join In
We are extremely lucky to have a very active Friends group who do a lot of fundraising for the practice. Their support has enabled us to purchase diagnostic equipment for use in the surgery. For further information about the 'Friends' please see "News" tab at the top of this page.
When We Are Closed
The NHS 111 service is available for patients to call when the surgery is closed. Trained clinicians are on hand to answer health related queries, provide general advice or arrange for a doctor or nurse to discuss your more specific need. NHS 111 is for when your need is less urgent that 999.
The practice was routinely inspected in June 2017 and the inspection report can be accessed via the link below.
Named Accountable GP
All patients at the practice have a named accountable GP on their clinical record. Your named GP has overall responsibility for your care but you may see any GP of your choosing at the surgery. If you wish to find out who your named GP is, please ask at reception.
Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test is an opportunity for our patients to provide feedback on the services we provide, to complete the online questionnaire please look on the "Have your say" tab at the top of this page.
GP Patient Survey
For the full survey results please visit the GP Patient Survey website GP Patient Survey Results 2017 GP Patient Survey Website
My Care Record
Please see 'My Care Record' in Further Information section at bottom of page.
(Site updated 05/04/2020)