Mendlesham Medical Group (incorporating Bacton)
2018 FLU CLINICS
- Saturday 29th September at both Mendlesham and Bacton.
- Saturday 20th October at both Mendlesham and Bacton
There are two different types of flu vaccines this year (not including children). One for over 65's and one for under 65's and those in the high risk groups.These clinics are by appointment only, so please contact the surgery to book if you are eligible.
The surgery encourages all eligible patients to have a flu jab. Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself against flu. You should have the jab even if you are currently healthy, because you are still at risk.
Please remember that:
· flu is a very serious disease and can be fatal
· between 3000 and 4000 people a year die from flu
· The flu jab cannot give you the flu (it is not a live vaccine)
The jab can be given quickly and easily, and has virtually no side effects.
The Friends of the Mendlesham Medical Group will be running fund raising events on the Saturdays.